Rev. May 31, 2010
Guidelines for Friends of the Macomb Orchard Trail Master Gardener
1. Get contact information for the group.
2. Let Adopt a Trail coordinator know you are working with the group.
3. What/where would they like to do a gardening project?
4. Do they want to do it? Or just help out?
5. Develop a garden plan.
Questions/Considerations for the Master Gardener
1. Setback distance from the trail? Other site guidelines? I.e. MOTC/County requirements.
2. Plants to attract Hummingbirds? (but not Bees!)
3. Seed the trail with Butterfly cocoons and Milkweed plants?
4. Use only flowers that donít attract Bees, Wasps, Ö
5. Who on the MOTC and/or Macomb Road Commission do I coordinate/get approved the garden plans?
6. Who pays for the garden materials?